CyberMACS is a multidisciplinary Master programme that includes lectures from Computer Science, Management and Information Systems etc. In coherence with the need analysis in cybersecurity industry and respective academic fields, the programme outcomes designed to prepare students for a multidisciplinary career, including employment opportunities in cybersecurity companies, consulting firms, public/private companies which have cybersecurity/information security departments including critical infrastructures operators such as power system, transportation systems, financial technologies and so on. Students will be able to communicate with key experts and professionals in the industry including cybersecurity scientists and specialists, key persons from the several industry facilities dealing with protection of critical infrastructures.
The general learning outcomes of CyberMACS are summarized below.
- Students will understand the fundamental elements that define Web and Security, cybersecurity, information security, cryptography, and digital investigation
- Students will develop an awareness of the management, economic, legal, social, professional and ethical issues relating to cybersecurity and the use of cybersecurity technologies
- Students can identify and define challenges to achieving cybersecurity in organizations
- Students will possess thorough knowledge of the fundamental theories; models practice of information and cyber security management for both large and small organization.
- Students will get insight and good understand of security awareness and security escalations issues in information security and cybersecurity management work
- Students know methods for data exploration like regression, classification, and unsupervised learning as methodological basis for Artificial Intelligence (AI), data science and its relevance for cybersecurity
- Students can appraise the tools and techniques used for systems security
- Students will gain awareness of appropriate methods used in cryptology research and learn how to handle data
Moreover, students will be able to put into practice the following specific skills:
- Critically analyse, synthesise, interpret and summarise complex scientific processes;
- Ability to examine the technological, economic, human, legal, organizational, socio political and policy challenges in cybersecurity field;
- Design strategies that integrate best practices in cybersecurity, regulatory compliance, and risk management;
- Gain hands-on experience, developing and executing integrated strategies, policies, and safeguards to manage cybersecurity risks across any organization