To be admitted to CyberMACS, you will first need to fulfill our general eligibility requirements.
If your application is eligible, it proceeds to the academic evaluation. The final evaluation of the eligible applications and the allocation of scholarships is made based on CyberMACS’ student selection criteria.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be considered eligible for CyberMACS, you will need to fulfill these general eligibility requirements:
- Your previous higher education institution needs to be officially recognized.
- Your previous degree needs to meet our requirements.
- If an English language test result is required from you, your test scores will need to fulfill our minimum requirements and you will need to submit the test result as instructed before the given deadline.
- You will need to submit your online application and all compulsory application documents as instructed before the application deadline.
Required documentation must be uploaded as digital copies and in English language. The required documents are:
- A completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae (preferred format: Europass)
- A cover letter (max. 1000 words) demonstrating the consistency between the Programme’s objectives and the applicant’s motivation, academic/professional background, and professional project.
- A scan of passport (a scan of the national ID will be accepted conditionally if the applicant does not have a passport at the time of application).
- A proof of residence (residence certificate or a certificate from the applicant’s workplace, study institution or training institution; certified translation to English).
- A scan of an official 1st cycle degree diploma or other eligible diploma in bachelor fields mentioned in here along with an official supplement listing courses taken and the respective grades (certified translation to English). If the applicant has not completed the 1st cycle degree at the time of application, she/he must send available transcripts, proof of current enrollment, and a declaration of the end date. The bachelor diploma must bear university’s and the relevant Higher Education Institution’s stamp.
- At least two recommendation letters specifying the contact details of the referees. The referees can upload their reference letters online.
- Certificates of English language proficiency, at least B2 level of the CEFR. The list of accepted certificates will be published along with the Call for applications.
- If applicable, any academic publications of which applicant is the first author or a co-author. In case of publications in languages other than English, an English translation of the abstract should be provided.
Requirements Concerning Previous Higher Education Institution and Degree
Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree* awarded by a university or a higher education institution.
- The awarding institution has to be a recognized part of the official national education system of the country, i.e., to be listed as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organization such as UNESCO.
- The scope of a relevant degree awarded by a higher education institution must be equivalent to minimum 180 ACTS credits or at least four years of full-time study. The degree must give eligibility for Master’s degree studies in the awarding country.
(*) Applicants in their final year of studies are eligible to apply provided that they will graduate by 17 August 2023. If the applicant is not able to graduate on time or fails to deliver a degree certificate by the given deadline, their conditional acceptance to the program will be cancelled.
Requirements for English Language Proficiency
Our language of instruction is English, and the applicants are expected to have an excellent command of it. The accepted language tests and their minimum score requirements are listed below.
|Exam Type||Minimum Total Score||Minimum Writing Score|
|TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test)*||92||22|
|TOEFL PDT (Paper-delivered Test)||Reading 22, Listening 22||24|
|C1 Advanced (former Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English, CAE)||A, B, or C||–|
|C2 Proficiency (former Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, CPE)||A, B, C or C1||–|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)||67||54|
(*) Also TOEFL iBT®Home Edition are accepted in the 2023 admission.
The minimum requirements are very strict. If your scores do not fulfill the minimum score requirements, your application will not be processed further. You cannot combine scores from different test dates (e.g. TOEFL MyBest scores is not accepted).
TOEFL and PTE results are valid for two years starting from the test date.
Only the language tests mentioned above are accepted. For further information on language test result deadlines, please visit the particular test’s web site.
The language test requirement is waived for the following groups:
Born, raised or lived at least 10 years (with residence permit) in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States.