Knud Brandis studied law at the University of Potsdam and received his Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Financial Management from the University of Wales (UK) in 2005. He has been involved in information security management and cybersecurity for more than 15 years. In doing so, he covers the technical, legal and strategic aspects in full.
In particular, Knud Brandis gained experience in the implementation of national and international legal norms as well as recognised standards through his several years of work for one of the leading international auditing firms in New York. He is, for example, co-author of the IT basic protection catalogues (formerly IT basic protection manual) of the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI).
Furthermore, Knud Brandis is also responsible on behalf of the BSI for the training and qualification of the BSI’s internal and external auditors (IS auditors and audit team leaders for ISO 27001 based on IT-Grundschutz) as project manager and trainer.Knud Brandis holds the following qualifications:
- Certified IT-Baseline security consultant (BSI),
- Certified ISO 27001 auditor (PwC Cert),
- ITIL Expert (APMG),
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA),
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP),
- Qualifizierter Sicherheitsgutachter Telematikinfrastruktur (gematik),
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate in Project Management.
Knud Brandis is a lecturer for the Master course “information security management” at Brandenburg college, for „IT-Service management according to ITIL“ at the dual education college in Villingen-Schwenningen as well as for „Consulting“ at the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Aside from his native language German, he is descent in English.